Friday, October 15, 2010

OBSERVATIONS BY ANDY ROONEY ON THE MODERN WORLD

On Prisons:
Did you know it costs forty-thousand dollars a year to house each prisoner?  Jeez, for forty-thousand bucks a piece I'll take a few prisoners into my house.  I live in Los Angels.  I already have bars on the windows.
I don't think we should give free room and board to criminals.  I think they should have to run twelve hours a day on a treadmill and gererate electricity.  And if they don't want to run, they can rest in the chair that's hooked up to the generator.

On Cripes':
My wife's from the Midwest.  Very nice people there.  Very wholesome.  They use words like 'Cripes'. 'For Cripe's sake.'  Who would that be, Jesus Cripe's?  The son of 'Gosh' of the church of 'Holy Moly'?
I'm not making fun of it.  You think I wanna burn in 'Heck'?

On Award Shows:
Can you believe how many award shows they have now?  They have awards for commericals.  The Cleo Awards, a whole show full of commericals.  I taped it and then I fast-forwarded through the whole thing.

On Phone-In-Polls:
You know those shows where people call in and vote on different issues?  Did you ever notice there's always like 18% that say "I don't know".  It costs 90 cents to call up and vote...They're voting "I don't know."  Honey, I feel very strongly about this.  Give me the phone. (Into Phone) I DON'T KNOW!" 
(Hangs up looking proud.)  "Sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe you're not sure about."  This guy probably calls up phone sex girls for $2.95 to say "I'm not in the mood."

No comments:

Post a Comment