Saturday, February 16, 2013

FACES

Looking in the mirror this morning,
I thought I saw your face a-borning
          in my own reflection.
          It wasn't a deception,
        in truth I could surmise
your own brown ---in my brown eyes.

And in the frame of that clear space
     I saw the oval of your face.
I placed my fingers on your cheek
     half expecting you to speak.

And when I touched your tender lips
   you softly kissed my fingertips.

In that mystic magic mirror
our love had reached a new frontier.
  With our features merging tightly
I saw our faces strobing brightly:
my face, your face, then both of ours
  in sunny fields of fragrant flowers.

me, you, moi, vous,
one of us, and then two.
Then one again in that frame
for in our love we are the same.
Same in spirit, soul, and mind,
same in front, same behind.

Same today, and tomorrow,
sharing joy, sharing sorrow.
First we're separate, then we're twins
shredding logic, shedding skins.

And my dear it came to pass
that in that magic looking glass,
        I could no longer see
who was you and who was me
For I am you and you are me
joined in some eternal we.

Seeing us people say
not he, nor she, but rather --- they.
And all the earth under our sun
will look at ttwo and see but one.

No comments:

Post a Comment