Saturday, December 24, 2011

No time for Christmas spirit? Say it isn't so

By  Mallory Passione
       Council Rock South High School

                 So, I hear Christmas is coming.  As this hectic week comes to a close, my Taylor Swift calendar reminds me there are less than seven days until Christmas.  "What? Since when?"  Wheredid all the time go?   I didn't get a chance to record my favorite Christmas specials!  Between the massive amounts of schoolwork, a tiring track schedule and other school activities, it's as though I don't have time for Christmas.
                With Christmas being the biggest and most popular holiday of the year, you would think it would be nearly impossible to avoid, but somehow I managed to do so.
                As a junior in high school, school-related activities seem to be taking over my life.  By the time I get home from track pratice and finish my homework, it's 11 o'clock and I'm exhausted.  No time to bake festive cookies, no time to go to the mall and sit on Santa's lap and, most importantly, no time to enjoy ABC Family's "25 Days of Christmas."
                It's sad, now that I think about it.  Looking back to when you were a child, you counted down the days from Halloween to Christmas Eve.  As a child, the only thing you worried about was hoping you got the coolest gifts from Santa.
               Instead, I find myself worrying about the outcomes of my midterms, and their effect on my GPA.  (Dear Santa, is there any chance we could cancel them this year?)
               Midterms are to high school as fruitcakes are to Christmas.  They are both difficult to swallow.  Christmas is a time when you should be jolly and happy, just like the big guy----not stressing out.
               Taking a step back and realizing how little how little I did this holiday season, I am going  to try to do as much as possible to make up for the lack of festivities.  I will be in the spirit of Christmas by Dec. 24 if it's the last thing I do!
               That being said, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.  May you enjoy good health and good friends in 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment