Thursday, September 16, 2010

MINDTRAP ( QUESTIONS )

  1. Which is correct to say,  'The yolk of the egg are white'   or  'The yolk of the egg is white' ?
  2. Name one eight letter word that has KST in the middle, in the beginning, and at the end.
  3. When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer ?
  4. What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their religion or politics, agree is between Heaven and Earth ?
  5. If a man and a half can eat a cake and a half in a minute and a half, allowing the same situation, how many men would it take to eat 60 cakes in 30 minutes ?
  6. Ben can never tell a lie.  George can never tell the truth.  One of them said, "The other one said he is George".  Which one said that ?
  7. King Tut died 120 years after King Eros was born.  Their combined ages when they died was 100 years.  King Eros died in the year 40 B.C..  In what year was King Tut born ?
  8. In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg.  Why Not ?
  9. A worm is at the bottom of a forty meter hole.  It can crawl upwards at a rate of four meters in one day, but at night, it slips back three meters.  At this rate, how long will it take the worm to crawl out of the hole ?
  10. What is the next letter in the following sequence ?    MAMJJASO
  11. It is estimated that the earth weighs 6 sextillion tons.  How much more would the earth weigh if one sextillion tons of concrete ans stone were used to build a large wall ?
  12. "Try that story on Principal Pringle", said Scheming Suzie's school teacher.  Suzie stood before Pringle and began, "I was on my way to school, and I cut through the park like I always do.  Since I was early, I got down on a bench to rest.  I put my essay in my lunch bag, and set it beside me.  Just then I noticed a black sqirrel run past and scamper up a nearby tree.  He was halfway up the tree when he suddenly froze and slowly backed down the tree trunk before taking off.  I was curious to see what had frightened him so I looked up the tree and saw a red scarf.  I climbed up to get it and just then a big dog grabbed my lunch bag with my essay in it, and ran off".  Pringle sighed and replied, "Suzie you can't possibly expect me to believe that one can you ?"  Why not ?
  13. You are in a concrete room.  There is a steel pipe 25 centimetres in length cemented into the center of the concrete floor.  The pipe protrudes about 15 centimeters.  A ping-pong ball is dropped down the pipe.  Your task is to get the ping-pong ball out of the steel pipe undamaged.  The only items that are available are a wooden ruler, a ball of string, a pocket mirror, a paper clip and a small magnet.  Since nothing else is allowed into the room.  How could you get the plastic ping-pong ball out of the steel pipe ?  

No comments:

Post a Comment