Monday, December 30, 2013

Come, Lord Jesus!

                  by  Madeline L' Engle

                  Come, Lord Jesus!  Do I dare
                  CryLord Jesus, quickly come!
                  Flash the lightning in the air!
                  Crash the thunder on my home!
                  Should I speak this awful prayer?
                  Come,  Lord Jesus, help me dare.
                  Come, Lord Jesus! You I call
                  To come (come soon!) are not the child
                  Who lay once in the manger stall,
                  Are not the infant meek and mild.
                  You come in judgement on our all:
                  Help me to know you, whom I call.

                  Come, Lord Jesus! Come this night
                  With your purging and your power,
                   For the earth is dark with blight
                   And in sin we run and cower
                  Before the splendid, raging sight
                  Of the breaking of the night.
                  Come, my Lord!  Our darkness end!
                  Break the bonds of time and space.
                  All the powers of evil rend
                  By the radiance of your face.
                  The laughing stars with joy attend:
                  Come Lord Jesus!  Be my end!

No comments:

Post a Comment