Saturday, December 8, 2018

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery.

                 And  Today ?
                 Today is a gift.
                 That's why we call it a present."

                 A Church goer wrote to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense
                 to go to church every Sunday.
                 He wrote: "I've gone for 30 years now, and in that time I have heard something like 3,000
                 sermons, but for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them.  So, I think I'm 
                 wasting my time, the preachers and priests are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."
                 This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column.  Much to the delight
                 of the editor, it went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:
                 I've been married for 30 years now.  In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals.
                 But I do know this:  They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work.
                 If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.
                 Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!"
                 When you are DOWN to nothing, God is UP to something!
                 Thank God for our physical and our spiritual nourishment!
                                

 

No comments:

Post a Comment