Sunday, January 12, 2014

Make one change for God this year

                             When making New Year's resolutions this year, consider one change that will bring you closer to God.  Here are some ideas other Catholics have used to strengthen prayer, serve the poor, and evangelize our faith......
                             Norma felt her prayer life growing stale, so when her parish asked for adorers for the perpetual adoration chapel, she jumped at the chance.  Now, Mondays at midnight, Norma can be found in the presence of the Eucharist.  She said, "I really look forward to my peaceful hour each week.  It's just me and Him."
                            Peter's law practice is incredibly busy, but he takes an afternoon off every month to work at the local soup kitchen serving hot meals to the homeless and working poor.  When asked why he said, "Jesus said, 'When I was hungry, you gave me to eat.'"
                            JoAnn's children are grown, yet she teaches a religious education class at her parish.  "What better way to spread our faith than to children?  That's where I can do the most good," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment