Saturday, March 31, 2012

POP QUIZ (50 Grand Exits)

We're sending 2011 off in style by celebrating our favorite exit lines from the large and small screens.
Can you match each sign-off to its source?

Movies Lines
1. Merry Christmas, and may God bless us, every one.
2. Eliza, where the devil are my slippers?
3. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.  I hope.
4. After all, tomorrow is another day!
5. Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
6. His name will live as long as there is a ball, a bat and a boy.
7. I know the perfect place, you guys will love it. Trust me.
8. Stella! Hey, Stella!
9. As you wish.
10. There's no place like home.
11. I now pronounce you men and wives.
12. Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!
13. I've got a flat tire, and I ain't got no spare.
14. Hell, he's a natural-born world's shaker.
15. Love means never having to say you're sorry.
16. No prisoners!
17. Wanna dance, or would you rather just suck face?
18. Play ball!
19. Roads?  Where we're going, we don't need roads.
20. I'm 60.
21. That'll do, pig.  That'll do.
22. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.  And like that, he's gone.
23. Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes.  It was Beauty killed the Beast.
24. Boy's let's watch the cigarette butts, shall we?  This is my house, not a pigsty.
25. For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble.

a) Beverly Hills Cop
b) A Streetcar Named Desire
c) Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
d) The Odd Couple
e) Dr. Strangelove
f) Bonnie and Clyde
g) King Kong (1933)
h) Cool Hand Luke
i) Animal House
j) My Fair Lady
k) The Shawshank Redemption
l) Casablanca
m) On Golden Pond
n) The Usual Suspects
o) The Babe Ruth Story
p) A Christmas Carol
q) Back to the Future
r) Murphy's Romance
s) Gone With the Wind
t) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
u) The Princess Bride
v) Babe
w) The Wizard of Oz
x) The Pride of the Yankees
y) Love Story

TV Personalities
26. Good night, and good luck.
27. Good night, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.
28. Good night, and grease for peace!
29. Goodnight, Dick.
30. See you on the radio.
31. And that's the way it is.
32. And so it goes.
33. That's the news and I am outta here!
34. Say goodnight, Gracie.
35. Y'all come back now, hear?
36. Bless your pea-pickin' hearts.
37. That's the news.  Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.
38. I bid you a very heartfelt good night.

A) Dennis Miller
B) Linda Ellerbee
C) George Burns
D) Walter Cronkite
E) Dick Martin
F) Charles Osgood
G) Tennessee Ernie Ford
H) Sha Na Na
I) Chevy Chase and Jane Curtin
J) Jimmy Durante
K) The Clampetts
L) Johnny Carson ( on his last Tonight Show)
M) Edward P. Murrow

TV Series Finales
39. Sorry, we're closed.
40. Good-bye, kids.
41. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
42. Oh, I went ahead and ordered something for the table.
43. I don't care what you say, I'm coming to work Monday!
44. Until we meet again.
45. Shut it down.
46. All right, hey, you've been great! See you in the Cafeteria.
47. The sky's the limit.
48. We've been waiting for you.
49. The day the running stopped.
50. Good-bye (spelled in stones).

A) Lost
B) Doctor Who
C) M*A*S*H
D) Howdy Doody
E) The Sopranos
F) Cheers
G) Coach
H) The Oprah Winfrey Show
I) The Fugitive
J) 24
K) Seinfield
L) Star Trek: The Next Generation


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answers : 1. p  ; 2. j  ; 3. k  ; 4. s  ; 5. l  ; 6. o  ; 7. a  ; 8. b  ; 9. u  ; 10. w  ; 11. c  ; 12. e  ; 13. f  ; 14. h  ; 15. y  ; 16. i  ; 17. m  ; 18. x  ; 19. q  ; 20. r  ; 21. v  ; 22. n  ; 23. g  ; 24. d  ; 25. t  ; 26. m  ; 27. j  ; 28. h  ; 29. e  ; 30. f  ; 31. d  ; 32. b  ; 33. a  ; 34. c  ; 35. k  ; 36. g  ; 37. i  ; 38. l  ; 39. f  ; 40. d  ; 41. b   ; 42. e  ; 43. g  ; 44. h  ; 45. j  ; 46. k  ; 47. l  ; 48. a  ; 49. i  ; 50. c

No comments:

Post a Comment