Saturday, June 18, 2011

THANKS TO DAD (Father's Day is June 19th )

           People in the United States have been honoring fathers with a June holiday for about 100 years.  But Father's Day didn't become an official U.S. holiday until 1972, only 39 years ago!  Other countries around the world also celebrate fatherhood with a special day. 
           What will you do to honor your dad, grandfather, uncle or another special man in your family?
            This week, the newspaper offers some reminders of why we're thankful for our dads.
             We also give you a few ideas about how to show your thanks.
Thanks.......
  • for teaching me how to fish.
  • for taking care of me when I'm sick.
  • for telling me jokes.
  • for reading to me.
  • for coming to my games and cheering me on.
  • for taking me horseback riding.
  • for carrying me on your shoulders.
  • for letting me help you cook.
  • for getting me a treat at the market.
  • for serving our country and coming home.
          THANKS............. FOR EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment