Saturday, March 15, 2014

One Minute Meditations

St. Patrick
Born in Scotland, St. Patrick was kidnapped as a teenager and brought to 5th century Ireland as a slave to a warlord.  He worked as a shepherd for six years before he escaped.  Back home, he became a priest and returned to the land of his captivity as a missionary.  While many legends are told about him, it is enough to say that St. Patrick eventually became bishop of Ireland and is credited for having established the Church there.

A hearty welcome
Welcome is part of our Christian life.  We are asked to extend a warm welcome to anyone who may be new or unfamiliar to our parish church.  Jesus said, "whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me"  (Matthew 10:40).

Our choice
"I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of the wicked"  (Psalm 84:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment