Saturday, November 26, 2011

DUE FOR SOME GOOD LUCK ......... RIGHT?

         by  Dan Sergeyev
                Central Bucks West High School        


                   Why do I have bad luck?
                   Did I whistle inside the house?  Did I flip a horseshoe upside down?  Did I spill salt on the table?  Did I open an umbrella inside the house? 
                   No, I can't say that I whistled inside the house or any of the other superstitions, but then why was I the victim of a hit-and-run driver recently?
                   Someone callously backed into my parked car and cracked my rear bumper.  There was no note identifying the driver under my windshield wiper or anywhere else attached to the vehicle.
                   Now I'm stuck with a damaged car, aggravation and a repair bill.  In addition, my family is calling me a "Peche Vogel," which is a German term for a person with "bad luck."
                   I remember faintly a black cat crossing my path on Halloween.  Instead of attributing my run of bad luck to this occurrence, I am going to think positive and believe the Russian version of this superstition ..... money should be coming my way.
                   Wouldn't that be a terrific change in fortune?

No comments:

Post a Comment